Saturday, October 13, 2012

Infamous Uppercut

Bus Driver Uppercuts Woman
Interview with "Victim" of Bus Driver's Uppercut

Ok. Here is my take on this. While I don't know the entire true story of this situation, what I have gathered from this is the woman apparently didn't have money to ride the bus and the bus driver rightfully had an issue with it. The woman didn't appreciate that so she got loud, rude, and used vulgar language. Out of anger, she hit the driver and spit on him. The 59-year old bus driver became frustrated and gave her the uppercut heard around the world. He then proceeded to throw her off the bus along with her belongings. She got back on the bus and proceeded to fight him, while onlookers kept screaming, "She's a f****** female!!"

So who was in the wrong?

Both of them. Violence never solves anything. I was a victim of domestic violence and I don't approve of a man hitting a woman for obvious reasons. 

BUT.

If you're a woman and you put yourself in a situation with a man that can possibly get physical, you have to be prepared for the consequences. Men are human, too. They have emotions, contrary to popular belief. They get angry. Some people reach a breaking point when they are constantly taunted and pushed around...and if you are the antagonist, expect the beast to be released. 

This woman, in my opinion, is an epitome of being "ghetto." Being loud in public. Using the N-word freely in a mixed audience. Fighting in public. Trying to get on public transportation without having to pay. She exhibited a lot of drama-ridden behaviors. Call me heartless, but I don't feel sorry for this woman at all. It's just like someone who associates with a gang and then he/she gets shot. Like, sorry you were shot, but what did you expect?

I actually feel sorry for the man because he has been with the company for 22 years and now, he's suspended behind dealing with this "hoodrat." When you are dealing with the public, as this bus driver does (or should I say "did"), you come across a lot of people, unsavory and not. It's especially hard keeping your cool with some of these people. I know firsthand. I was a supervisor at a hotel that dealt with all different kinds of people who thought anything that went wrong was YOUR fault. I was a school social worker that dealt with all different types of parents that thought their kids were angels and that YOU were the one that failed their kids. There were many times that I wanted to "lose my religion" with some of these people. How dare you talk to me in that way? How dare you accuse me of something that wasn't my fault let alone something that I had no control over? How dare you try to CLOWN me in front of my co-workers and/or other students? Luckily, I've never had anyone hit me or spit on me!

Could this have been handled differently? OF COURSE! Anytime violence comes into play, any logical person could see that other actions could have been taken. Walking away and removing yourself from the situation being one of them. But when a dog is backed into a corner, constantly being poked at, taunted, etc., eventually, it can't take anymore and it attacks. 

And that's why the bus driver went Mortal Kombat on her. I hope she thinks twice about coming at someone she thinks is too old or too passive to come right back at her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?