Thursday, October 11, 2012

10/11/12: Child Support Hearing

So I had my child support hearing this morning. It was annoying because courts give me anxiety, even though it's nothing that I've done wrong. I get there and just as I anticipated, he was there with his overweight girlfriend. We gave our names at "check-in" and as we walked into the actual courtroom, he held open the door for me. I was shocked. 

We were the first ones to be called and I was like, "Great! I won't have to be here long." We talk to the child support officer and she was good. Because he was in contempt for failing to pay, he will be on unsupervised probation, meaning that he won't have to go see a probation officer. He's lucky he lives out of the Jefferson County jurisdiction. He owes me over $3,000 in back child support so he not only has to pay that to me, which accrues interest, but also the regular child support from the initial child support hearing last year. She told him that if he violates his probation, the courts can file against him and he can face 180 days in jail. He was like, "That's it? Okay." Spoken like a true professional inmate. Smh. On his Pizza Hut wages, he'll be paying me for a long time. 


We then had to see a judge. Waiting for her was the longest I had to sit idly. Luckily, we were first. It was embarrassing to stand in front of everyone in front of a judge like I was some common criminal even though, again, it wasn't something that I had done. The judge just confirmed his right to waiver an attorney, repeating everything we had already stated to the CS Officer earlier, and we were done. Thank goodness. I was there for maybe a total of 2 hours. 

The disappointing thing out of all of this is that he didn't ask about his daughter one time. He complained to the CS Officer about how he had to drive "300 miles" for the court hearing and he didn't even bother to try to see his daughter. He did the same exact thing last year at our first court hearing. I don't know why I was kind of hoping that he would, as if today would be different, but as usual, he didn't because of his selfishness and anger towards having to drive all that way for something HE failed to do. 

I feel for my child because she loves him and he doesn't care.

1 comment:

  1. Well, Thank GOD she has you as her Mother Good JOB Constance!!! Love you Tiffany S.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?