Saturday, July 4, 2015

Where The Hell You Been?

I have been so occupied with life that I neglected my blog. I want to get back into writing it so here is my update. 

WORK: I am still with the State of Texas as a CPS caseworker. I LOVE my career and I don't see myself doing anything else. It means so much that I can actually ACT on positively affecting families and keeping children safe instead of just TALKING about it. It's a job that helps me make a difference and that's what I've always been about. 

HOME: I've been in my home for almost 2 years now. I just recently got cable (lol) since my apartment complex doesn't allow for satellite dishes. Which, by the way, I think is STUPID. Anyway, I have it now so I'm not reduced to watching DVDs all day! I also got wifi for the very first time. Isn't that sad? Now that I have wifi, I'm not really sure why it took me so long to get it. 

RELATIONSHIP: I am in a relationship! We have mutual friends and started talking on Facebook. It is a long distance relationship. We have been dating since September 2014. What I love about our relationship is that he makes me feel secure and loved. I have no doubts or questions about his loyalty to me...something I haven't felt since dating my very first boyfriend. Due to the distance, we have to work very hard to keep our relationship going and so far, I believe we're doing a great job. He makes me smile, he makes me feel beautiful, he compliments me, he's consistent, he listens to me (although I swear he has ADD sometimes lol) and he always makes me feel important. He's definitely a keeper. Although the package isn't what people expected me to end up with, I'm glad that I can make up my own mind, or I would have missed out on a great guy. I let him meet my daughter in February 2015 and watched how he interacted with her like a hawk. Based upon their meeting, I determined that my family could meet him. They really like him. :)

THE OFFSPRING: My kiddo recently made 8 years old. She's still an amazing kid with a huge personality and a great sense of humor. She makes me so proud. She's a Level 2 Brown Belt in Tae Kwon Do and just finished playing soccer. I got her a betta fish and she has been really good with it. She's so smart and funny with a huge heart of gold. She enjoys writing poems (or as she calls them, "peoms") and making homemade cards. Some of her favorite shows on TV are Teen Titans and Full House. She's into girly things like lip gloss and nail polish. God help me. 

THE OFFSPRING'S PATERNAL UNIT: He lives in Nebraska and stopped talking to his kiddo because he got mad at me. When he gets mad at me, he takes it out on the offspring by not talking to her, either. The only reason why I know he's alive is because I get child support payments in my bank account. That's cool. They go into her bank account and with his help, I got her Christmas presents and paid for her birthday party. So thanks, Office of the Attorney General!

MY BEST FRIEND: My best friend recently got married in New York. I really wish I could have been there but unfortunately, I wasn't able to. I am super happy for him. And yes. He's a gay man married to a gay man and he is happy!

RACHEL DOLEZAL: LMFAO

GAY MARRIAGE AND CHRISTIANITY: I have pretty strong views regarding this. This may have to be a whole 'nother blog post. Just know that as a Christian myself, I feel that many Christians are hypocritical regarding gay marriage and as a Christian, I support gay marriage simply because I believe in equal human rights for all. 

CHURCH FIRES: Black people just can't get a break, even if we're in the House of the Lord minding our own damn business. Our country is so backwards that sometimes, it makes me ashamed to be an American. Sometimes. 

CHARLESTON: What an unfortunate situation. Are Black people the prey from whom White America feeds?

Glad to have caught you up. I miss writing here. I hope you miss me, too.  I did have a birthday on July 1. I accept late birthday wishes lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?